Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So I've decided to start blogging

There's a lot going on in the world and writing helps me think about it. So here goes.

Quite the weekend, the US lost its AAA rating - what does this mean to me? Basically nothing, except the opportunity to pick up some equities on the cheap. As Warren Buffett says "Be greedy when others are fearful." The US has the printing press, inflation risk yes, default risk no. This pretty much sums up how I feel about the matter.


Now the good news, lolla definitely surpassed my expectations. After last year's lineup this year's lineup was a bit of a disappointment so I only went Sunday - but what a day! Flogging Molly was a blast as always and Deadmau5 was unreal, the music, the lights, the torrential downpour made for a once in a lifetime experience. Thousands of wet, muddy and dancing people all in one place and we couldn't be happier - it was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment