Friday, December 9, 2011

Reflections on Las Vegas

Now that I'm vacation again I have time to reflect on the last one. Vegas is an interesting place, part of it feels really fake - New York, Paris, Venice copied and mashed into a few square miles. On every block there are people dressed as Elvis,  Jersey Shore types, nerdy poker sharks, strippers and hordes of bachelorette parties in tiaras. But despite all this there is something very genuine about Vegas. It blends fantasy and reality so that you can be whatever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. Its liberating in a lot of ways and gives me a certain carefree feeling of confidence that's difficult to find in everyday life. It makes me talk to people I'd never talk to normally. It shuts down the analytically side of my mind and focus on what I want. So despite the massive hangover my trip was very meditative in a sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment