Thursday, March 22, 2012

10 Days Without Posting

I think that's a new record for me, after a very prolific January and February my blogging has definitely suffered. Recently I've had a lot going on and the world has settled down a bit of late so I haven't been as motivated to write. So I guess I'll write a little bit about myself.

Two weeks ago I was in LA for the first time - have to say I was quite impressed. I had this vision of a smog-filled, car-infested, suburban sprawl... and I was right. But there is so much more to it. Driving around there were certainly many neighborhoods with a great vibe. The people didn't seem any worse than the type you see in NYC. The weather was spectacular and the mountain scenery breathtaking. We went up to Griffith Observatory on a perfectly clear day, it was one of those times that really made me marvel at the incredible size and beauty of the world. I hope to go back there someday soon.

Then last weekend Abigail visited. WOW, what an incredible time! The whole experience felt like a vacation, it was 80 degrees and sunny the whole time. All the bars and restaurants had their outdoor seating set up, everyone was outside wearing shorts and t-shirts. It was like spring break in Chicago. And as for Abigail, there are only a few people I've met in my life with whom I get along so well. I don't know how it'll end up, a spectacular success or a spectacular failure, but I'm confident it'll be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment